Subscribe For Updates To This Blog

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, June 12, 2009

Dr. Nick - Tips from Caribbean Cruise

I’m Nick Lazaris and I just returned with my wife from a
fabulous cruise to Bermuda and the Caribbean. I have been a
speaker/coach for 30 years but this was my first FREE
cruise! Thanks to Daniel’s program and coaching I have 3
cruises booked within 6 months - all of this only months
after joining his Speaker Cruise Free Program.

I was the only enrichment speaker on board and presented 3
Destination talks. My sessions had between 80-275 attendees.



I thought I’d pass on some of my observations/tips from the
cruise.

~ I decided (last minute) to listen to Daniel’s Dashboard
Videos and I am so glad I did. There were little nuggets
interspersed throughout which were invaluable throughout my
cruise. Make sure to review them as everything he talks
about happened just as he said they would.

~ Make a list of EVERY question you can think of to ask
your contact during the first meeting you have on board (AV
issues, product sales, your preferred order of
presentations, etc.). That way you aren’t bugging them
throughout the trip. My contact was so appreciative I had
thought out most issues (thanks Daniel!).

~ If you are going to sell products or do a book signing,
stay persistent with the gift shop manager. My contact for
book sales didn’t appear very interested in helping me, so
it was up to me to gently ‘push’ to have my books on display
and arrange a book signing. If I had left it to her, I would
not have had the success I did.

~ Take an up to date laptop and USB Presenter for your Power
Point slides. The AV guy told me stories of old laptops not
being compatible with the ships equipment and of presenters
begging for a remote presenter.

~ Make your presentation titles succinct and enticing - you
may only get a brief listing in the daily newsletter.

~ Videotape your presentations. You will be so glad you did
when you return.

~ Clearly promote you next presentation - you are your best
promoter on the ship - build a loyal following!



~ Build in examples in your presentation of what you do
when you are not cruising - I had many great discussions
with passengers throughout the cruise about my work as a
Business Psychologist and Speaker back home.

~ If possible, take a thank you gift with you for your
cruise contact on the ship. I made the mistake of waiting
until the final port to find a special thank you gift and,
luckily, found something she loved. Next time I’ll be more
prepared.

Hope the above helps you on your next cruise. Thanks again,
Daniel, for your guidance and caring. Can’t wait to do it
again!


Happy Cruising!


Nick

www.FearlessforLife.com
DrNick@FearlessforLife.com

No comments: