Saturday, July 24, 2010
I recently returned from my meetings with P & O and Cunard in South Hampton, UK. Here's what I learned:
1. Both P & O and Cunard are direct booking speakers. (Good news here.)
2. Primarily they are looking for UK and European speakers when in Europe and North American speakers when the ships are in North American waters including Mexico and the Caribbean.
3. They are both looking for more enrichment speakers on longer crossings cruises.
4. They are both looking for destinations speakers when an itinerary is more port intensive.
As always, if you need or want help in navigating the direct booking process check out my program "Speak on Cruise Ships: 8 Easy Steps to a Lifetime of FREE Luxury Cruises" at http://www.speakerscruisefree.com/
Monday, July 05, 2010
- Mix and mingle with the passengers (well of course we do that anyway :-)
- Talk to the audience, not the notes (obviously :-)
- Involve the audience
- Use their PowerPoint template
The contract is very clear. They'll monitor feedback, and they won't tollerate bad behaviour. Well to be honest I would think not!!
So I've re-formatted my presentations into their style, rehearsed once more in front of the most critical audience (Kathy, my wife); loaded it all on my netbook - and of course, for safety's sake I've backed it all up to flash drive, DVD, memory card and external drive (JUST IN CASE!!)
My family motto is "Never unprepared". I like to be prepared for every eventuality. I certainly want to do a good job on behalf of everyone else in the SPEAKERSCRUISEFREE.COM community.
Are you already cruising free? If not click HERE now.
Happy cruising - FREE,