Subscribe For Updates To This Blog

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, July 05, 2010

My bags are packed ....

On Friday we set sail on our next cruise, with one of the more up market lines.

So I made a point of checking a few things. It's always wise to be prepared - and vital to be flexible. I learned that in my business life and was delighted to hear Daniel say much the same on one of his early coaching sessions at SPEAKERSCRUISEFREE.COM.

There are a few special requirements, but none of them unreasonable -
  • Mix and mingle with the passengers (well of course we do that anyway :-)
  • Talk to the audience, not the notes (obviously :-)
  • Involve the audience
  • Use their PowerPoint template

Yup. That's about it. The rest is really very straightforward - do a first class job and have fun.

The contract is very clear. They'll monitor feedback, and they won't tollerate bad behaviour. Well to be honest I would think not!!

So I've re-formatted my presentations into their style, rehearsed once more in front of the most critical audience (Kathy, my wife); loaded it all on my netbook - and of course, for safety's sake I've backed it all up to flash drive, DVD, memory card and external drive (JUST IN CASE!!)

My family motto is "Never unprepared". I like to be prepared for every eventuality. I certainly want to do a good job on behalf of everyone else in the SPEAKERSCRUISEFREE.COM community.

Are you already cruising free? If not click HERE now.

Happy cruising - FREE,

Andrew

1 comment:

Clint Cora, Speaker/Author said...

Andrew, I saw a paperback book by Daniel at Amazon with the same title - Speakers Cruise Free. What's the difference in content between that book and the digital package at Daniel's website?