Subscribe For Updates To This Blog

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Cruise Speaker Memory Maker - Alaska, Family and Bears, Oh My!

Okay, and now for a sweet, sappy story that got me a little teary eyed when I thought about it.

My 7 year old son Jeremy (I call him Jem) came home last week with a school assignment. He and I were to create a "bear" project.

Because I am fairly comfortable creating multimedia products, Jeremy and I approached his teacher about doing a short bear video. She was excited and thought that that was a great idea.

At the time, however, I really did not know what we'd do a video on but I was confident we'd come up with something.

Later that day I was talking to my wife about our upcoming Caribbean cruise (we depart December 28) and it dawned on me that during our last cruise to Alaska the family and I had an up close and personal encounter with a bear while riding the Yukon & White Pass Rail Road up into Canada.

I even had pictures of the event (if I could only find them) and thought they'd be great for use in the bear project video. Luckily, after about 2 minutes of searching I found the photos on a CD.

They were much better than I remember and I had bunch of them with my Jem in them (no surprise there) . As I reviewed the photos I became nostalgic and grateful that because I was an approved cruise speaker I can take my family on fabulous cruises all over the world and create one of a kind memories and not have to worry about its effect on my wallet.

The experience was made all the more special when I sat down with Jem to reveiw the photos and come up with a plan on how we would present them in a video. (BTW I used Camtasia studio and you should learn to use it too see this post)

Jem lit up!

He got so much out of the experience. Both the one in Alaska and looking at the photos.

In any event, he pointed to the pictures he wanted to use and I helped him to put his "bear" project together. Using cues Jem remembered I wrote the Alaskan bear story and put in PowerPoint and my Jem narrated it into Camtasia Studio.

It was a thoroughly heart-warming and bonding experience for the both of us because we essentially got to live this wonderful cruise memory.

Want to see the results of the collaboration?

I posted below the video we turned in at school today.



So are you ready to make your own great memories as a cruise speaker?

What are you waiting for?

I've laid it all out for you. There is no guesswork. With my program I take you gently by the hand and SHOW you and then personally HELP you get it done.

What's my success rate?

I've never actually figured it out but the vast majority of people in my Speakers Cruise Free Coaching Club have been approved or are on the verge. In fact, here's a video of Tom Antion in which he talks about the experiences of some of the people he has referred to me:



So are ready to get started? Great!

Go get my Speak on Cruise Ships program which includes a free month in the Speakers Cruise Free Coaching Club at http://www.speakerscruisefree.com/cruise-free.html

The memories you'll make are priceless.

No comments: