Subscribe For Updates To This Blog

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Thanksgiving Message & Gift

It's Thanksgiving morning here in the States. I got up
early this morning. Everyone else was asleep. I shuffled
out to the kitchen to turn on the coffee sent to me from
Puerto Rico by Speakers Cruise Free Coaching Club member,
Dr. Scott Brown (http://tinyurl.com/docscott ) and then to
my home/office to check my orders and email. On the way to
my desk I turned on the satellite radio Reggae station and
then ensconced myself in my office chair.

What did I do next...?

I thought about the significance of the day. I thought
about my family and just how blessed my life is. And I
thought about YOU!

A profound feeling of gratitude overcame me. Yes, in fact,
I did tear up a bit. The feeling was so strong that I felt
compelled to write and tell you about it.

So I am writing to let you know that I am thankful for YOU!

Thanks for being a loyal subscriber...

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be in your life...

Thanks for allowing me to help you cruise free...

Thanks for trusting me to help build your business...

I do not take you or your trust for granted. I am deeply
grateful for both.

And this is a perfect day to communicate this fact. No
matter where you live in the world -- Happy Thanksgiving!

As token of my gratitude for you I wanted to give you access
to an interview I did with with Tom Antion in which we cover
the top 10 ways to make money as a speaker and the top 10
ways to be great on stage. You can stream the interview
here:

http://tinyurl.com/thanksu

Enjoy..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Daniel!

Most successful people (like you) already know that being generous is good for business. What they may not know is that being generous and giving is also good for your health - both mental and physical. I'd say it's good for your spiritual health as well.

I teach my clients about the science behind emotions and explain how it relates to health and well-being. There is an actual physiology of emotion that occurs in the body. Positive, altruistic and optimistic feelings, along with feelings of gratitude, create an extremely positive and sometimes miraculous effect on the physical body.

The feelings and observations you describe from this morning before you posted on your blog are a classic example of the joy and satisfaction that one experiences when they are in a place of (quiet heightened awareness and) gratitude.

In my yoga and meditation classes a theme I regularly present to my students is the relationship between gratitude and joy. Many people operate from a (hidden) belief that feeling grateful is a result of things working out the way we want them to and feeling joy about that. They keep waiting for a time when they have 'permission' from outward circumstances to feel happy, joyful and grateful. But the truth is in the reverse - joy occurs when we are in a place of gratitude and appreciation for whatever may be placed before us. Joy is not dependent on things working out just so. Gratitude fosters joy.

So, Happy Thanksgiving, thanks for the gift, and thanks for the great illustration of these ideas in action in a business realm. May your generosity, born from a gratitude, wash back over you in a wave of joy...

Regards,

Karen B. Cohen

KAIZEN - Holistic Training & Wellness Studio
Lexington, Virginia
KAIZENWellness.blogspot.com

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

What a lovely way to share. And a very nice description of a cozy Thanksgiving morning, too. Thank you, Daniel.

Best,
Carolyn Howard-Johnson
Author of the multi award-winning HowToDoItFrugally series of books for writers and Daniel's devoted fan
www.hwotodoitfrugally.com