Subscribe For Updates To This Blog

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Bill Barnett - Tips From 10-Night Panama Canal Cruise

Good Morning Daniel:

Kris and I just got back from our 10 day Royal Caribbean
Panama Canal Cruise and it was FANTASTIC!


I’ve been a speaker/trainer for 8 years but this was my first FREE cruise. And it only took a few weeks to get booked.

Since this was my first FREE speaking cruise Kris and I were looking at what we could do to make this cruise and our future cruises even better. Your video dashboard advised us to do a LOT of self promotion since the line may not do a lot of speaker promotion. Once again your information was right on. Once we saw the daily announcements, we realized we would have to do a lot of networking to be able to get folks to our event.

First, we had a blast eating at a table of 8. Normally I would hate this, but now it was different and it became fun. Dinner became a natural networking spot.

Secondly we went to other functions on the ship, for instance we collect art work and had previously purchased several pieces from David, the same art auctioneer that was on this cruise. Not only did we get to reconnect with David but, we were able to promote the art auctions and David was more than willing to do the same for us.

Next we went to the piano bar, something we love to do on
cruises anyway and met entertainer Tony B. We plugged
Tony’s entertainment and not only did he introduce us to the
group in the piano bar and plug our event, he came to 2 of
the presentations himself.

These are just of couple of things we did along with
promoting ourselves on our shore excursions and of course
POOLSIDE! It’s a tough job but somebody’s got to do it.

Earning My Keep!

Note From Daniel: Thanks Bill for such an excellent post. Congrats on a job well-done on your first cruise as a speaker. Thanks too for your video (below) about my program! It is very much appreciated.


Truthfully, I book speakers in the Speakers Cruise Free Coaching Club almost everyday. Are you ready to sign-on?

2 comments:

Allyn Evans said...

I'm looking forward to my Christmas cruise (yes, Daniel helped me get on board for free) and am thankful to the speakers who posted this post and the previous one.

I will definitely return to these notes later in the year, when I am getting ready to take off on a 15-night Caribbean Cruise with Celebrity!

And will definitely be watching the videos Daniel made in preparation as well. :)

Roy Prevost said...

I really should have sent this comment months ago. In October 2008, my wife Sarah and I had the opportunity to cruise, not once but twice (back to back) from New York to Halifax Nova Scotia, thanks to Daniel. He was instrumental in getting us booked and for that we are grateful!
Thank you, Daniel!!
We give Daniel and his cruise free strategies our highest recommendation and if you want to cruise free, sign up with Daniel immediately!!
Don't wait! Do it now
Cheers
Roy Prevost