Subscribe For Updates To This Blog

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Marco Polo & The Grand Tour

In a couple of weeks' time Kathy & I set off on our next free cruise adventure. This time we are back in the Mediterranean and I shall tailor my talks to our new destinations.


Well, to be fair, they don't need too much tailoring. I have carefully constructed a set of enrichment talks that can easily be adapted to the ports of call. For example one of my staple talks is about the development of modern day tourism. In Florida I emphasise the roles of Henry Morrison Flagler, who brought the railroad and grand hotels to the south east, and of Walt Disney, who contributed so much to post war tourism in the United States.


In the Eastern Mediterranean I focus on the Thomas Cook "Grand Tours" to Egypt and the wonders of the world.


On this next cruise we will visit Florence, Rome and Naples - so it is easy to re-adjust my presentation, adding material about the importance of Italy as THE chosen destination of "Grand Tourists" in the 18th & 19th centuries.


And this way, with just a little relevant effort, I can keep my talks fresh and relevant, entertain and inform my audiences AND CRUISE FREE!!!


To find out more click here - www.CruiseImprove.Com/FREE


To read my book "Under Latin Skies", about life in Mediteranean Europe, click here - http://www.figleaf.com/

No comments: