Subscribe For Updates To This Blog

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Last blog from this cruise


3-18-09 Wednesday, Malta
Nobody’s been able to access the internet & send emails for a few days. To catch you up on my talks, they have been going great. Every evening passengers receive a ship newsletter telling them of the next day’s activities, and my last two classes have had nice summaries included. The result is 66 people for the talk 3 days ago and standing room only for yesterday’s "Paper Clutter" class.

Today’s port is Malta and what a beautiful country. Hard to believe that the forts of the great siege of 1565 are still standing – strong, imposing, magnificent. Also, the Brits at our table have shared many stories their fathers have told them of being stationed here during WW2. Visiting ancient cathedrals and walking the narrow streets lined with colorful flowers feels like we’ve gone backwards in time.

I could weep for the beauty and the history we are experiencing on this cruise.

It was another picture perfect day. Imagine Bruce and me standing with the towers of Fort St. Angelo behind us --- red, blue and yellow fishing boats bobbing in the Grand Harbor alongside us. Brilliant blue sky, puffy white clouds, the sun sparkling like diamonds in the sapphire water. And most important, my hair wafting in the breeze. Wafting. Wafting. Ever wafting.

Late tomorrow afternoon (Thursday), is my last class "Do You Have a Book in Your Heart that You Want to Write?" Then in Barcelona on Friday we sadly leave the ship with fabulous memories of walking the Acropolis AND seeing the pyramids all in the same week, plus so many wonderful places and people and activities. We will tour Barcelona for a few hours, then catch the bullet train to Madrid where we will spend a week with a friend.

I’ve been told to not even try to email this today, the satellite dish on the ship is fixed but won’t be calibrated (I think that’s the word) till tomorrow (Thursday) when I should be able to send off yesterday’s and today’s blog.

So this will be my last message to you. As you probably know, I’ve never blogged before and (hate to admit this) have never even read a blog. So I wrote what I thought would interest you. If this was too long or too boring, please forgive. I have much to learn.
My biggest hope is that sharing this cruise with you will inspire you to move forward in becoming a cruise speaker yourself. For Bruce and me, it’s a blast and we love everything about it.
I bid you "Adios" with a sincere hope that we meet again soon and wishing you every success in whatever journey you choose in life. Via con Dios.
Waftingly yours,
Rita Emmett

1 comment:

www.ourexplorer.com said...

Sounds like a great cruise experience and lovely excursion in Malta.

"Do You Have a Book in Your Heart that You Want to Write?" Reminds of being a good tour guide. Ask "Do you have a place in your heart that you want to share?"
:D

OurExplorer - Tour Guide & Tourist Guide
local guides, local wisdom