Subscribe For Updates To This Blog

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, March 06, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Dear Blog Readers,
Daniel’s advice really, really works.

Tomorrow my husband Bruce and I will fly to Barcelona. We will tour on Sunday and Monday morning, then at noon we will board Royal Caribbean’s Brilliance of the Sea where I’ll give talks about my books. We are so excited.

Here’s how we got here. As Daniel says, these cruise people are very kind and generous. They don’t tell us when and where we HAVE to speak. Instead, they ask us for our "Wish List". (When is the last time someone asked you for your Wish List?)

So we sent Royal Caribbean a list of about 18 choices. They wrote back "I’m so sorry, but we cannot accommodate any of your requests. However, we can offer you these two cruises."
They gave us the name of the ships and dates of departure, but nothing else.

When Bruce looked it up, he called out, "Rita, come here. I think there’s been a BIG mistake." We both were astonished looking at the itinerary --Spain, Italy, Greece, Malta and Egypt. I immediately called Royal Caribbean and asked if that cruise was a mistake. She said "no".

"How could you possibly apologize for offering such a dream-come-true trip?"I asked.
She said, "Well, it isn’t what you asked for."

I burst our laughing. "I didn’t ask for it because I didn’t have the audacity to ask for such a FABULOUS trip."

And that’s how it came to be that we are leaving for this incredible cruise through the Mediterranean, to give talks about my books.

I am thrilled at where the books I’ve authored have taken us. Writing that first one wasn’t easy. I didn’t know anyone who is published, didn’t know if I should self publish or not, didn’t know how to find an agent or publisher. And after taking tons of classes and spending many bucks, I finally wrote The Procrastinator’s Handbook, and it sold 100,000 the first year.

Daniel & I were talking about this one day, and together we decided to develop a program to help people who want to write a book but don’t know how to get started, "The Procrastinator’s Guide to Authorship" has all the info I wished I had when I first started writing. If you want help to get going writing a book that’s in your heart, go to www.helpwritingbook.com You will love it and will feel sensational once you’ve become an author. And now --- we’re off.
Addios
Rita Emmett

No comments: