Subscribe For Updates To This Blog

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, January 05, 2009

Sea Day Enroute To Buenos Aires on Splendour of the Seas

SPEAKING TIP: Be a connector. Some people want to cruise quietly to themselves but many eagerly want social interaction. As a guest speaker you are in the unique position of knowing many people because of your presentations.

Always remember that it is your duty to help the cruise director enhance the experience of paying guests. A simple way is to go to seated dining after requesting to be seated with people your talks cater to.

In my case I would normally sit with a table of Brazilians to chat about life in Portuguese. Of course, that would not help the Americans on board learn about and embrace Brazilian culture - the friendliest and most hospitable in the world.

As such, I requested a table of Americans. They ask me many questions about Brazil and we have integrated the conversation with a Brazilian accountant from Salvador who also wants to learn more English.

The short and sweet of it is that you should wake up every thinking of ways to help the cruise director without getting in his or her way. Stay out of the crew's way but help wherever possible inter connecting the passengers you connect with!

I'm aboard Royal Caribbean International's Splendour of the Seas on the northern Brazilian coast on Day 10 of my 16 day cruise!

-Doc Brown

www.speakerscruisefree.com/forex.html
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say Doc, your reports here have me most inspired. I have purchased the book and signed on for coaching with Daniel. I'm working on the studying and taking action part now.

Allyn Evans