Subscribe For Updates To This Blog

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cannes, France

I know this is hard to believe but some French people are nice!

SCF Roving Report Tip Day 8: Restarting A Blackberry...We're on a 14 day mediterranean cruise on the ginormous Independence of the Seas! There has been a time gap because my Blackberry stopped transmitting.

A cool shopkeeper here in Cannes showed me how to take out and put back in the battery. This resets the system.

Then you can:
1. Set up your online business blog at Blogger.com.
2. Find the email for remote posting in your blogger.com dashboard.
3. Set up your remote post blog email in you BlackBerry Contacts.
4. Shoot neato photos and direct post the photo with text you type in using the "send as email" option by pressing the Blackberry key.
5. Don't forget to get an intermational data package from AT&T.
6. Don't forget to yank and replace the battery if you find you can't send messages. This happens when you lose reception ... The device occasionally fails to reset.

Here's an example of my online community that helps to pay for the trip...the course blog keeps me in contact with my online students as I cruise;

www.dbffoa.blogspot.com

-Doc Brown
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Michael said...

For years, Cannes had one of the worst coverages for Internet. I have memories of standing in queues waiting to book a computer (with the wrong keyboard). WiFi is now broadly available in many hotels. I stop short of blogging from my phone (too many pselling msitakes!).